Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Drumroll Please....

Welp, here it is folks. The incessant ramblings of yours truly. Let me start by allowing myself to introduce...myself. That is, if you don't already know me and love me.

I find humor in, oh I'd say about 99% of everything I witness in life. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love to laugh and will do so, often, at the expense of others. I wish I could do stand-up, but I offend people so often, I am petrified of getting booed off stage. I take every possible opportunity to make a joke. It's all free game to me. My grandmother's funeral, that was a laugh riot. My mother's breast cancer, (maybe the birthday card with the stripping cow showing her udders was too much.) If it's there for me, it's free game to make fun of. That said, please don't get me wrong. I am one of the most empathetic people you will ever meet. My heart breaks daily for people and animals that I don't even know, as well as the people and animals closest to me whom I know and love. I just think humor makes everything better, more bearable. I have gotten all types of reactions to my unfiltered thoughts. Utter shock and silence, anger, laughter of course. I've lost friends, and I've made awesome friends. And the funny thing is, I hate offending people. I have a serious need to be liked by people. I am the epitome of putting the foot in the mouth. Why do I do what I do? I don't know. Let's explore my psyche together, shall we?

I have tried to write a few books. One was semi-autobiographical fiction. (Is that a genre? Because that's what it was) I was sort of writing a blog in book form. But then my life got really boring all of a sudden and I had nothing else to write about. Then I started writing a fiction book. I had all these great ideas in my head, but about 50 pages in, I realized I had used all the ideas up and couldn't think of anything else to write. So, I've decided my best bet may be blogging my observations as they happen. And so here we are.

Real quick, the boring stuff. It is boring now, because you don't know these people. But they are the co-stars in the movie of my life, so they are worth mentioning. I have a husband who doesn't find me amusing in the least, a daughter who is about to turn 12 who sadly attempts jokes every chance she gets and fails miserably (but I do give her props for trying. I hope she gets funnier), and a baby girl who is my best audience. This kid is 12 weeks old and laughs, nonstop. She can listen to me for hoooooouuuuurs. I also have a neurotic dog (don't we all) and two cats, one of which is also neurotic. I also must mention that I do have a few close friends that would be mad if I didn't mention they existed so there you go.

I don't know when I'll blog again. Maybe in a few hours, maybe never. It depends on what happens that I feel is worth blogging about. This blog could very well just float around in cyberspace with the rest of the abandoned blogs on the inter-web. Hopefully I will have some discipline, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment